Dr. kapil agrawal is the best bariatric surgeon for bariatric surgery in Delhi. He and his team are presently affiliated to Apollo group of hospitals (Indraprastha Apollo hospital, Apollo spectra hospitals) and Max hospital, Vaishali. He runs his own super specialty clinic -HABILITE CLINICS – for bariatric and laparoscopic surgery in south Delhi. He along with his team is offering consultation in east Delhi and Vaishali, Ghaziabad.
After completing his undergraduate studies and surgical residency at Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, India, he pursued his advanced surgical training at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi.
Thereafter, he went to England to enhance his skills further in the field of Laparoscopic and Bariatric surgery. During this tenure, he was associated with North Midldlesex University Hospital, Edmonton as well as at the Aintree University Hospital, Liverpool. He was also awarded MRCS (Member of Royal College of Surgeons, London, UK) degree in 2007. Subsequently, he returned to India and had been practicing as a consultant laparoscopic surgeon at New Delhi. He has been attached to some of the fine hospitals like Rockland hospital, Metro hospital and RG stone group of hospitals.
Dr. Kapil Agrawal has an extensive surgical experience of more than 17 years. He has undertaken thousands of advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgeries during this time with excellent outcome and great patient satisfaction. His main areas of interest include:
Weight loss surgery/ bariatric surgery
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
- Gastric bypass
- Mini gastric bypass
- Revision bariatric surgeries
Basic laparoscopic surgery:
- Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery
- Laparoscopic hernia surgery
- Stapler hemorrhoidopexy(MIPH) for piles
Advanced laparoscopic surgery:
- Laparoscopic removal of Common Bile Duct stones
- Laparoscopic surgery for achalasia cardia
- Laparoscopic surgery for hiatus hernia
- Laparoscopic surgery for pseudo pancreatic cysts
- Laparoscopic surgery for rectal prolapse
Memberships and Affliations
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia
- International College of Surgeons
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- Asia Pacific Hernia Society
- Hernia Society of India
- Obesity Surgery Society of India
What is Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric surgery or weight loss surgery has emerged as the most successful approach and is now considered the best strategy for the treatment of severe obesity. The advantages of bariatric or obesity surgery extend beyond weight loss and lead to remission of chronic diseases or metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypertension or respiratory problems like asthma, obstructive sleep apnea.